Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Interview with East of the Sun and West of the Moon's Ethan Scott


SLOLT: Hi Ethan. We appreciate you taking the time to chat with us. Can you tell everyone how old you are and how long you've been doing theatre?

Ethan: I'm 16 years old and I started taking theatre classes at the SLO Little Theatre in early 2006.

SLOLT: What made you audition for East of the Sun and West of the Moon?

Ethan: The auditions were one week after the Summer Conservatory ended, which I attended, so I took a chance and tried out while everything was still fresh in my mind.

SLOLT: How did you learn all those lines?

Ethan: I usually run all my lines in my head as fast as I can to make sure I'm ready, especially at lines I'm having trouble with.

SLOLT: Do you have a favorite moment on stage during this show?

Ethan: My favorite part of the whole play is the Wedding Precession. Even though I have no lines and can't make any facial expression, I still have a lot of fun listening to the other actors and enjoying all the laughs.

SLOLT: Are there any words of wisdom you would like to share with other young actors?

Ethan: Don't worry if you feel you aren't skilled or developing fast enough, you need to take your time. Just work hard and give it your best. I was so incredibly nervous before opening night I can't even explain. But eventually I felt more confident on stage then I did in real life. Never let your nerves get in your way of doing what you love.

SLOLT: Where can your fans see you in the future? Do you have plans to do another production?

Ethan: I'm really looking forward to audition for future plays at the SLO Little Theatre as well as taking more acting classes. I'm also considering taking classes at PCPA in the Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments! However, to prevent spam, all comments are moderated.