Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Peter O'Toole retires, leaves golden hairbrush and rocks glass behind!

Hello friends of the Little Theatre,

Yesterday, Sir Peter O'Toole released the following statement:


Dear All,

It is time for me to chuck in the sponge. To retire from films and stage. The heart for it has gone out of me: it won't come back.

My professional acting life, stage and screen, has brought me public support, emotional fulfillment and material comfort. It has brought me together with fine people, good companions with whom I've shared the inevitable lot of all actors: flops and hits.

However, it's my belief that one should decide for oneself when it is time to end one's stay.

So I bid the profession a dry-eyed and profoundly grateful farewell.

Ever,
Peter O'Toole

Here are some of O'Toole's most memorable moments:

Click HERE for The Lion in Winter (1968.) 

Click HERE for What's New Pussycat (1965.)

Click HERE for O'Toole and Orson Welles discussing Hamlet (1963.)

Click HERE to see SNL's version of the famously drunk movie star.

Click HERE to see O'Toole's version of the famously drunk movie star.

Finally, click HERE to see the trailer for Lawrence of Arabia.



Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

Kevin




No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments! However, to prevent spam, all comments are moderated.