Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Why do certain artists resonate with you? I blame Paula Abdul.

Good afternoon friends of the Little Theatre!

Ever wonder why you're personally drawn to a specific director, actor, writer, musician, sculptor, etc? While subjective taste is certainly a factor, your own historical and environmental experiences with the artist's work plays a crucial role. This is why my respect for David Fincher is extremely personal.



Fincher, best known for stylish, violent, technical masterpieces (Se7en, Zodiac, The Game, Fight Club) started his career as a production assistant, learning every aspect of film-making from the trenches. While I knew that he had sharpened his skills directing music videos in the late 80's and 90's, I had no idea which videos he created. I recently discovered his videography. No wonder his movies speak to so many people my age.

He directed THIS.

And THIS.

Remember THIS?

THIS really made my heart beat fast in junior high.

Aerosmith hired him to create THIS.


Fincher's next project is rumored to be a new version of Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea for the Walt Disney Company.  

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments! However, to prevent spam, all comments are moderated.